Gambling, eh? Can you even imagine life without it? We really cannot, and funnily enough gambling has been a pretty firm staple in human civilization for many thousands of years. There is no denying this, especially not with all of the wonderful archaeological gambling discoveries made over the last few decades. One thing that certainly is true, however, is that the gambling world has never been as healthy as it has today, not even close!
And what is the main reason for this? The casino, of course! Casinos were actually only established for the first time in the 17th century, and as soon as this happened many new and exciting games were devised – try and play Danger High Voltage slot.
Baccarat is one casino game that was actually around before the first casino was built in Venice, although this classic table game got some well-needed refining through the history of casinos. Nowadays it is still amazingly popular, and with our help we’re about to show you the best ways to win at baccarat…
Baccarat: The basics
One of the main reasons why baccarat is well-loved throughout the casino gambling world is because it is really rather simple to play. There are three main outcomes in a game of baccarat, either Player Win, Banker Win or a tie game. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to play:
- Before any cards are dealt you must choose to bet on the player or banker hand.
- Two sets of two cards are dealt. One to the banker, and one to the player.
- The values of the cards are then uncovered, and the hands are totalled up. Whichever hand comes closest to 9 will be the winner.
- In cases where no hand hits an 8 or 9 and the player has a total of 0-5 a third card can be drawn.
- Deduce the winner – whichever hand is closest to 9 will win.
Where is the best place to play baccarat?
The modern casino gambling world is exciting for various reasons, however one of the main ones is simply the fact that gamblers nowadays have so much choice when it comes to where they want to play casino table games like baccarat. Here are some of the options available to you:
- Online baccarat: Baccarat is, of course, available online, and this is where many people choose to play it.
- Traditional casino baccarat: If you can get to a traditional casino it is more than worth trying out baccarat there for the quintessential experience!
- Live baccarat: Live casino is all the rage these days, and with live baccarat you can have this exciting card game live streamed straight to your computer screen.
Golden tips to maximise your baccarat success
As with most casino games, there are a number of ways in which you can maximise your baccarat success. Here they are:
- Avoid the tie bet.
- Remember the banker bet wins just over half the time.
- Set a budget and always bet with one eye on it. Baccarat can get even the most stern gamblers carried away.