Are you looking for an exciting and lucrative career? Or are you bored with your current job and looking to shift careers? There are plenty of jobs in the marijuana industry that might interest you.
Before applying for any job at a dispensary in Colorado, you need to have an MED badge or license first. The MED badge works the same as your driver’s license, without it, you cannot legally work in any Colorado dispensary.
How to Apply For MED License
- The application form can be downloaded online. Provided that you are eligible, you may submit the duly accomplished form along with the payment of the application fee for $105.
- Provide a copy of your identification with a photo.
- Also, you must have your fingerprints taken from a 3rd party vendor. Provide a copy of the receipt showing you completed the procedure.
- Visit the page to see the list of accredited fingerprint providers
- Along with your application form and other needed documents, you must also include money order, check, or credit card authorization for the payment. Cash payments are not allowed this time yet, so these are the only options available.
- You may submit your application via email or mail. Check the list of email addresses and the physical addresses.
- Your MED badge will be mailed to the address you have provided on your application.
- The MED badge is valid for 2 years and can be used to apply at any licensed cannabis retail store, dispensary, or grow operation in the state of Colorado.
How to Find Cannabis Jobs in Colorado
Once you have your MED license, it is time to start using your talent and earn. Take advantage of the Internet to look for the best cannabis job opportunities for you.
- Check out local job listings on different online job sites. The Internet is flooded with job postings that might fit your skills and experience.
- Most online job sites have will give you multiple options on how to send your application but the easiest and fastest way is through email.
- Simply follow the instructions on how to apply for a specific cannabis job post. But before hitting the APPLY button, make sure to read the qualifications and requirements.
- If available, fill in the application form.
- Send along a clear and concise cover letter and updated resume. Since Colorado dispensaries receive a considerable volume of applications, you must ensure your application stands out.
- In addition, always provide a copy of your MED badge in every application sent.
- Take a Denver dispensary tour to see if you would enjoy the job.
General Job Qualifications
- You must be of legal age or at least 21 years old
- You must be a Colorado resident with a valid ID
- You must have a clean record and no felony convictions in the past 5 years
- No issues with the Colorado Department of Revenue or IRS
- You must not be a licensed physician
- You must not be a member of the law enforcement
- And you must not be affiliated with any groups or organized crime
Types of Jobs Available At a Dispensary in Colorado
- Cannabis Bud Tender
- Cannabis Trimmer
- Cannabis Harvest Assistant
- Cannabis Cultivation Assistant
- Dispensary Manager
- Sales Representative