Here’s a thought. Around 103 years ago, things on this earth were pretty similar to what they are today, yet very different. The similarity lies in the pandemic we’re experiencing now, and the one that lasted from February 1918 to April 1920. The likeness ends there.
The differences? As you can imagine, 100 years has brought many differences as technology, science and world developments have improved. The lifestyles of almost every group of communities has also seen a revolution.
Before we get started, we would like to introduce our author from norskecasino.casino, Alexandra Nereng, who is an industry expert in online entertainment. She studies and monitors trends and updates in entertainment forms, both in the physical activity aspect and the development of online entertainment. You can click here to learn a bit more about her.
Our World Today
Things like computers, laptops, and mobile phones didn’t exist in the early 20th century and for most humans, not very much was like it is today. The natural world stays relatively constant; we still have birds, bees, animals, fish and plants.
Most of us have been confined in our homes for just over a year. This confinement looks set to continue for the foreseeable future as the global pandemic persists. In countries like Norway, working from home became the new normal.
However, on the bright side, Norwegians now have a new online world in which we can escape. Some of the best online entertainment for 2021 is just a click away.
Best Online Entertainment
We will briefly name some of the top online entertainment trends for you to follow in 2021, keeping our primary focus on availability in Norway.
- Augmented and virtual reality: Enjoy the virtual experience while using aVR headset. You can attend virtual events such as parties, concerts and more without leaving your house.
- Esports and Online Competitive Gaming: Ever competitive, esports has many Norwegian platforms. Computer gaming includes exciting games with high stakes. Make sure to check your favourite platforms to gain access to one of the most popular games globally, online poker.
- Podcast: Podcasts are a trend that is becoming more prevalent in Norway. It can bring friends, families, and workmates together through virtual platforms. Podcasts cover a huge range of topics – from educational, to folklore and current events. They are popular among all people across all ages and interests.
- Live Streaming: Many musicians and entertainers use online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to continue entertaining their fans. Live streams are appealing to fans as we can enjoy our favourite artists and influencers in real time and sometimes in their daily lives. Every now and then a musician will perform on a live-streaming platform, allowing us to enjoy a free concert from the comfort of our homes.
- Cloud gaming: With isolation and social distancing, players have been unable to meet with friends at their usual gaming venues, so they shifted to playing at home. This is how cloud gaming has gained momentum over the past year. It’s the safest and more secure way to interact with other players in the time of COVID.
- Smart Apps: The increasing use of smartphones all over the world has seen everyone able to get anything they need online. This has been a brand new market for entertainment companies, some have already developed apps while others are still at the drawing board. Smart Apps will continue to be a popular trend in entertainment for 2021.
There are so many options in entertainment for 2021, it will be hard to choose just one. Check back with us for more information and valuable ideas of what to do in these unusual times.