The original diet of the pet
Pets are very lovable and cute creatures. Some pets even have high learning skills and a sharp mind. But bringing a new member to the family brings more responsibility. Especially a cat or dog; they are big creatures when compared to other pets like a bird, hamster, etc., that need to be taken care of and given a proper diet. The pet’s stomach is not meant to consume cooked food like humans. That is why it is recommended to feed them barf pet food. BARF is an abbreviation for two common phrases, “Bones and Raw Food” or “Biologically Appropriate Raw Food”. Raw food is a diet for dogs eating which they have evolved till now. They should be given the same diet. The need for barf food has risen because people in Australia are fond of pets. It can be understood by the fact that more than 90 per cent of Australians have owned a pet at some time during their lifetime. Almost two-thirds of Australians currently own a pet.
What consists of the BARF diet?
The BARF diet is a raw diet that is average on fat contents, contains a lofty amount of proteins, and a nominal amount of carbohydrates. The diet can consist of the following ingredients:
- Muscle meat
- Organ meat
- Meaty bones
- Raw fruits or vegetables
- Any dry powdered supplements
Dog Food Specialty Ranges
Retailers usually categorize their menus with various speciality ranges. The most common speciality ranges are Core, Single Protein, and Scientific.
- Core range: This range contains mixes of various protein blends. It comprises a mixture of red and white meats. Different types of diet in this range include Tasmanian Salmon, Lamb, beef, and chicken. This range is suitable for dogs of all breeds, ages, and sizes. This range is charged with vitamins and minerals that occur naturally.
- Single Protein range: This range is dedicated to dogs having an allergy to some protein. These diets only contain meat and bones from a single species that justifies the name. This range mainly consists of a goat, turkey, or kangaroo diet.
- Scientific range: This range of diets is specifically designed for dogs suffering from skin allergies. This range also contains diets for the dog that needs a specific supportive diet because of liver or kidney health problems or weight loss problems. The ingredients used in this range are mainly the whole salmon, finely ground lamb cartilage or turkey bone, lamb liver, seasonal fruits, etc.
BARF diet for Cats
These diets are a mix of various proteins that counts towards a balanced nutritious diet. These diets usually come in two different flavours or ingredients. Mainly Kangaroo and Turkey.
- Kangaroo Raw Food: It consists of lean muscle meat, finely ground calcium-rich bones, heart, and liver of a kangaroo. It also contains carrot, wheatgrass, barley grass, eggs, chicken, beef, and other ingredients to make the diet nutritionally balanced.
- Turkey Raw Food: This is a light flavoured diet. It consists of turkey as a primary flavour. The ingredients of this diet consist of turkey chicken, finely ground turkey bones, chicken bone, beef heart, or liver. To make the diet nutritionally balanced, wheatgrass, barley grass, eggs, and carrot are also used.
BARF pet food adds a lot of importance to the life of pets. It has a lot of benefits. It will result in the leaner and muscular body of the pet. The skin and coat of the pet will be vastly improved. It will have cleaner teeth and breath. The house of a pet will have less odour. One can read more about Pet Food Standards on the website of Pet Food Industry Association Australia (PFIAA) for info about food ingredients of cats and dogs.
getfreedomunlimited com If you’re looking for the best credit card