Good nutrition is linked to healthy lifestyle, which means prevention of a lot of ailments. Consumption of the right amount of vitamins, minerals or macronutrients is very important for all human beings. Vitamin B is one such essential micronutrient that can promote a healthy metabolism, prevent anemia and much more.
There are eight different types of vitamin B that our body needs in requisite amounts to keep functioning. Here is a list of all the eight types of vitamin B:
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine
- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin
- Vitamin B3 or niacin
- Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine
- Vitamin B7 or biotin
- Vitamin B9 or folate (folic acid)
- Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin
Symptoms of vitamin B deficiency:
- Intestinal issues
- Difficulty to maintain body balance
- Intestinal problems
- Disturbed mood
- Weakness in muscles
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Loss of memory
- Soreness and ulcer in mouth and tongue
- Weak immune system
Benefits of vitamin B:
Let us have a quick look at some of the benefits of consuming vitamin B tablet/ capsule supplements and foods:
- Vitamin B can help to regulate your metabolism rate, which in turn can help to improve your digestive system and also contribute to healthy weight management.
- Vitamin B consumption is good for your cardiovascular health as it can prevent stroke.
- Vitamin B can increase the production of red blood cells in the body and prevent anemia.
- Regular consumption of this vitamin source can help to reduce fatigue, depression and stress.
- Vitamin B2 is one of the best micronutrients that can help to activate your body’s defense mechanism and help it fight against various infections and diseases.
- If you are feeling too low and drained out of energy, then the best way to rejuvenate your energy levels is to consume vitamin B3 rich foods or supplements.
- Folic acid is the best vitamin source that can prevent neural tube defects in the fetus when consumed during pregnancy.
- Biotin can help to enhance your beauty by giving you flawless skin and hair.
Here is a list of food sources that are rich in vitamin B and can be a part of your daily diet plan:
- Kidney and liver of chicken and red meat
- Lean meat as well as red meat
If your diet plan cannot meet your vitamin B requirement, then it is better to switch to supplements. We are sharing a list of top selling supplements that can help you get the daily recommended dosage of vitamin B:
- JustHer Biotin with Herbs
- HealthKart Biotin (1000mg)
- MuscleXP Hair, Skin & Nails MultiVitamin
- INLIFE Vitamin B12 + ALA
- Amway Nutrilite Biotin Cherry Plus
- Morpheme Remedies Hair Vital Glow Extract
- NutraFirst Biotin 10000 Mcg
- GNC Biotin 10000 mcg
- TrueBasics Omega Beauty for Hair Skin & Nails
- Now Biotin (5000 mcg)
Conclusion: The dosage of each type of vitamin B source differs as per one’s age, gender, health conditions and more factors. Therefore, we will advise you to know the correct dosage and type of vitamin B supplements that your body needs by consulting a medical professional scooptimes.